Cars and Boston Cremes

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Inquiring Minds... aka A Very Long Time It Seems

1. What makes you visit a blog?
At first I did a lot of 'Next Blog'ing, but now I mostly click on links from blogs I like. I also get a few from it2m.

2. What makes you come back to it?
Mostly I think it's the style of writing. If they can make something interesting and funny, I'm there.

3. Do you read the archives of a new blog you find? Or of ones you visit frequently? Not usually on new ones. Usually what happens is I'm bored one day, or there are frequent references to things that have been writtten about previously, so I go on an Archive-binge.

4. Do you comment on all the blogs you read? Or only some? What makes you comment or not?
No, not all. It usually has to be one I've read for a while, or know they've read mine, otherwise I feel like a stranger butting in on a private conversation. Blogs of my friends, I make an effort to comment, cos I know how much a comment can mean to a crazy blog-obsessed person.

5. Do you like it when someone repsonds to your comment with one of their own, or do you not care?
I like it, but don't see it as necessary. It's fun when a single post can spark a huge discussion that gets lots of people/lots of comments.

6. How often does a blog need to update for you to keep visiting? A few days? Once A week? Once every couple of weeks?
Every half hour! There must be something new and funny for me!
Daily is good. Once a week is ok.
If I know it's going to be something good, I can wait a week.
If someone stops posting permanently, they leave my blogroll.

7. Is there anything you DON'T want to read about? If so, what and why not? If not, good on you. ;)
I don't like reading ranty religious or political blogs, so I don't read blogs like that. If it was a single post on a blog that I read regularly, I probably wouldn't mind. I don't like high school C told L that K said L was a bitch type blogs either. I don't like preachy blogs and I don't like offensive blogs. I don't mind swearing in a good cause, but I don't like the f-word or the c-word used more frequently than good grammer or punctuation.

Thanks Holly for the questions.
Do I pass?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Cool.

    I've not seen this one before. Interesting questions and answers.

    Thanks for visiting my blog though. I'm not sure why people read it, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

    Say Hi sometime. Or don't. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home