Cars and Boston Cremes

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Um hello? FOCUS!

Ok, so I went to get my legs waxed yesterday.
And the chick was very nice and chatty. I thought she was being a bit slow really, especially considering I had to get to class later on. But it actually only took as long as normal so anyway.

Point is, the phone rang three times while we were in there, and she went to answer it each time.* Just leaving me. All alone. With wax going all hard on my legs.

And my legs still feel a little bit waxy. It's not good. Especially when they're sposed to be all smooth and shiny and slippery, and they're like not grating exactly, but just, idk, what's the word? There's friction where there shouldn't be.

So, since maybe some of you work in service industries, I'm wondering how important is the current customer, and how important is the phone? Does it vary with the job? Like when you have the client bare legged on the table with hot wax on her legs?

I'm just glad it wasn't a bikini wax.


*Actually she only left me twice cos the phone like rang once then stopped, but she was on her way. Anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger kimmyk said…

    Or you could be thankful it wasn't a brazilian wax, ya know? I've never had my legs waxed. I get my eyebrows and my lip done but never anything else. The idea of ripping and tearing? Well, that makes my eyes water.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Uhm...I think when a client is half nekkid, no matter what the circumstances, they come BEFORE the phone. I would have complained and refused to pay. But I'm mean like that. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home