Cars and Boston Cremes

Monday, April 10, 2006

Never As Good (Do-over)

The sequel is never as good as the original.

The exceptions to this are:

Toy Story: TS2 was way better than the first one. It totally was.
The Princess Diaries: PD2: A Royal Engagement was better, but I'm not really sure why.
Mission Impossible: I don't really see any relationship between MI and MI:2 except the name of the main character. So this one doesn't count even if you happened to think the second one was better, which I'm not sure I do.
Trilogies: I'm talking Star Wars, The Godfather, you can argue all day, and die-hard fans probably would. But where there's three or more in a series, we should just agree that the SW movieses were brilliant/crap/overrated/all of the above etc.

PS if anyone knows of any other situations where the sequel was in fact better than the original, let me know.
I don't promise to agree with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home