Cars and Boston Cremes

Monday, April 10, 2006

Oh, See?

Ok, I admit it, I watch The OC. And I like it. So there. (It brings out the adult in me. Clearly.)

1. I love Seth and Summer. Ok, first Adam Brody is hilarious ("Ssh! We're being Stealth!"). And I love the Seth and Summer 'zings'. Brilliant. "The more time I spend with Zach, the less time I have to think about - God, what's his face? Built like a beanpole, curly hair, runs away like a little bitch on a sailboat leaving nothing but a note for his girlfriend who cried and cried over him till the Fourth of July when she decided she doesn't cry over bitches on boats."

Marisa annoys me. She's not that pretty. And not x-factor enough for me to believe she was the most popular girl in school. Besides that, she's a sook. All she does is whinge, whinge, whinge. "Whatever happens, Ryan facing off with Trey to avenge your honour - God, that is so, freaking, hot!" What's to complain about?
Ryan, a hottie, no arguement there. A bit too broody and Neanderthal for me though.
Sandy: Whoa, that kid is not funny.
Seth: Thank you. I know.
Sandy: He makes Ryan look funny.
Seth: He makes Marissa look funny.
Sandy: Gentiles. I love your mother more than words, but not funny. Get yourself some funnier friends.
Yep, that about sums it up.

Julie Cooper, gotta love her. Conniving bitch springs to mind, but despite that, she's an amazingly sympathetic character. "And we will get back on our feet, Marissa. And we'll be wearing expensive shoes when we do."

Recently Kirsten's been getting on my nerves. Rich, blonde, the picture-perfect "WASPy McWASP." Don't really see how all this adds up to rehab.
Kirsten: My husband is currently transporting a fugitive whom happens to be his ex-girlfriend.
Julie: Well, I will see your fugitive, former-girlfriend flame, and raise you a lesbian daughter.

I really like it that Marissa has some new friends. Chili, although some would say just a Seth Clone, is still great (and I really liked him in Raise Your Voice). Johnny, not so much, but the gf (name escaping me) seems so natural, a great contrast for the "Newport Barbies."
*Ok, I was right about Johnny, and wrong about Casey. One out of two's not bad.

So what is it about The OC that had all my campers, and now a large percentage of the country so enthralled? Maybe because they live their rich little OC life like it's normal. "You have my cell if Caleb kicks and you need help counting your cash." Maybe we like families so messed up that it's kinda hard to keep track. "Yeah, yeah. Me and Marissa? We could be related. I don’t know. I can’t even do the math. But the real kicker is … Julie Cooper: My Grandma." Maybe we just like the eye candy. "You know, Cohen - your two hands on the wheel, and the wind blowing through your hair ... you actually looked kinda hot."
I don't know but I don't have time to figure it out. Grab your Sidekick and Tivo, The OC's about to start.

PS I figured it out, it's the theme song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home