Cars and Boston Cremes

Monday, April 24, 2006

Partners are a Crime

So I have to do this presentation on Wednesday. I have do it with a partner. I admit I left it a bit late. However, in my defence, my lecturer was away for a week, then we had semester break, then we didn't have class because we had a paper due (which I did finish eventually, no thanks to this blog) and therefore, where I thought I had four weeks to find out who my partner was and do some work, I actually only had one. So I emailed my lecturer to see if she'd give me my partner's email address. She did. I emailed her at said address. She failed to reply. EVER.

Now, I've prepared a 15 minute presentation. She was also supposed to have a 15 minute presentation ready, and the implication was that we wouldn't repeat or contradict each other (being that we'd been working together for a month and all).

Scenario 1:
She doesn't turn up. I present.
I get the grade I deserve.

Scenario 2:
We get to work on it together for a very short amount of time. We present. It's rough but it gets done.
The lecturer knows I emailed her but left it too late: I'm disorganised but still well prepared.

Scenario 3:
We get no time to work on it. We present. It is horrible.
The lecturer knows I emailed her but left it too late: I'm disorganised and stupid and underprepared.
The lecturer knows I emailed her but she didn't email back: She's disorganised and I'm stupid and we're underprepared.

Yep, I'm screwed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home