Cars and Boston Cremes

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Can Sign a Rainbow

So I've started sign lessons with a bunch of people from work. It's so cool, like learning a whole new language... but one that's a hell of a lot easier than Spanish.

At the start of each class the teacher does a little speech just signing, without voice. Watching that is just so... magic. Hmm I sound like a lunatic. But it's like watching anyone who's really really good at what they do, whether it's signing, or basketball, or um knitting. You know what I mean.

Another thing I noticed, after coming home and teaching my housemates a few signs, is that everyone's signing is like handwriting or something. Very distinctive once you know enough to recognise the signs or the personality.

Very coincidentally, I recieved a forward from someone who didn't know I was taking the classes, with a video entitled "Karaoke for the Deaf." I have no idea how to put it here for y'all but if you can find it somewhere on the internet, have a look, it's veeery funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home